INDEPENDENT LABORATORY TEST OF LIPOLIFE GOLD
An in-depth analysis of Lipolife® Gold Liposomal Vitamin C.
Research conducted by an Independent Laboratory in November 2016.
Based on the results, the following conclusions can be drawn with respect to Lipolife’s® Vitamin C liposomes.
- The ascorbic acid:phospholipid molar ratio is 6.4;
- The liposomes have a diameter of ~200 nm;
- The size of the liposomes is homogeneous, particularly at (near-) neutral pH;
- Liposome size is minimally affected by acidic pH in the short term;
- The liposomes are stable at 4 °C, room temperature and body temperature (37°C) for at least 36 days in terms of size and size distribution, regardless of the atmosphere (oxygen-rich versus oxygen-poor);
- The vitamin C liposomes neutralise free radicals and oxidants;
- The antioxidant capacity is marginally reduced after 36 day storage at room temperature and moderately reduced after storage at 37°C. Storage at 4°C fully preserves the antioxidative capacity of the formulation for at least 36 days. Accordingly, the product should preferably be stored under an oxygen-poor (e.g., nitrogen-rich) atmosphere;
- The vitamin C liposomes kill cultured cancer cells derived from human bile duct tumours;
- The vitamin C liposomes kill and/or arrest the growth of some types of cultured bacteria.
For the full study, please click the link below.